Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Number of sheets in an app in Qliksense

Hello,

Just wondering if there are any APIs or options to display the number of sheets available in an app on every page in Qliksense. Users are eager to know how many pages they have to navigate. Next page is accessible through '>' icon but users are not sure how many more pages/sheets exist, so if we could have some option for displaying number of total sheets available in the app, would benefit the users.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks

Shree

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, there is an api. You can find some example code in the online developer help http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/Workbench/Content/BuildingWebsites/API/Met...

I haven't seen any extension yet that returns the number of sheets though

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert. I am not sure if we can include this API directly in Qliksense app (e.g. in a textbox) to get the number of sheets without going for an extension.

Thanks

Shree

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, you need an extension.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Users can know how many sheets are in an app by accessing the sheet navigation menu:

sheets.JPG

Also, I don't get why users would really need to know exactly the sheet number they're in unless there is some kind of "forced" navigation the users need to go through, start to end.

If that is the case, you could develop a really easy Extension to draw a text with the total number of sheets or the actual sheet ID with a few lines of code.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Borja. Do you have a sample extension code I could refer to? Idea is to show current sheet number and total sheets e.g. Sheet 7 of 15

Thanks

Shree