Yet again, I have run into a situation that simply does not make sense to me. Let's see if I can make this easy to understand...
I want to measure volume for specific periods of time. I have a bar chart set up with [Date.autoCalendar.Date] as the dimension and Count(If([Date] > 0, [Key])) as the measure. Here's an example of what happens:
The Volume KPI has the correct number for volume, and has the same formula as the measure in the graph: Count(If([Date]>0, [Key])). The volume during this 7-day period is 273, but the graph shows 184, nearly 100 less than what it should be.
The issue is further complicated when I want to see volume by employee. I added [Employee] as a second dimension in the graph above and got this:
The volume as shown by the graph now adds up to 354.
So now I'm lost.
My only thought is that is must have to do with the way my data is set up. I started with one table and created 3 cross tables from it so that different fields could be bound together with a key. Still, I've used similar set-ups with other apps and never run into this problem.
I figured it out. Not all combinations of [Event]&[ID-Code] were unique, so there was some overlap that caused the totals to be messed up. To fix this, I threw in a [Row] field with just the row number in it, then made this part of the key: [Event]&[ID-Code]&[Row] AS [Key].
you have to use proper aggregations in the charts. sometimes the expression you use in KPI may not work the same in the tables/charts.this is because you are splitting up the data based on your dimensions.so the expressions in charts need proper aggregation.
Please post some sample data to look into this issue.