Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remedibi
Contributor III
Contributor III

One App in Multiple Streams (Qlik Sense)

Beginner Qlik Sense question I'm having trouble tracking down.

We previously used Qlik Sense for our finance team and have made a number of reports for them in their stream. We are beginning to open up the tool to other areas of the company and there is a desire for other departments to access the reports that Finance has in their streams, but not all of them since they have some privileged information in a few of their reports.

What is the best way to handle this? Can you have one app that is run nightly and then copied to different streams? Do you have to just grant users access to the report independently of any stream we may make for them? We are planning on creating streams for each department since they will have their own unique reports, but some will need to be in multiple streams. I know of the "everyone" stream, but that won't work because this info won't be for everyone, just a few teams out of many.

We don't want to have to run a report multiple times overnight and are looking for what the best practices for this may be.

Thanks!

2 Replies
QlikNumber1Fan
Contributor
Contributor

My organization is currently experiencing the same challenge.  We have a number of functions across the organization that need to access cross-functional applications, while also protecting their own restricted content.  To achieve this, we have created several AD Groups for users to be allocated to, based on their function and permissions within the company, and have created a security rule linking these applications to the respective AD Groups.  This way, security and access to an application is controlled on a per application basis, and enables our administrators to allow specific functions to access an application based on the associations that the application has.  If you would like to learn more about how we are enabling cross-functional access to applications within our organization, please respond to this post or reach out to me.  Hope this helps!

badicsis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Qliknumber1Fan, do you use Streams and on top of that you have user groups or all apps are in one stream? We are looking into how to manage this going forward. Currently we have streams linked to AD groups and I want to keep it, but on top of that we would tag sensitive apps with custom properties so only certain users (not user groups) could see them. Thanks!