Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
florian_bertsch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot Table: Measures with fixed dimension values

Hi Qlik Sense colleagues,

I have the following issue. I have 2 filters (PlanningVersion, Year), 1 dimension (Cost Center) and 1 Measure (Value). Everything is fine if I create a Pivot Table with the Cost Centers in the rows, PlanningVersion in the columns and the Value as measure.

Now I want to add two additional measures with fixed dimension values to the Pivot Table: v_A0_2019 and v_000_2018

v_A0_2019 = Sum( {1< PlanningVersion = {'A0'},Year = {'2019'} >} Value)

v_000_2018 = Sum( { 1< PlanningVersion = {'Vorjahr (000)'},Year = {'2018'} >} Value)

Unfortunately I see the sum value of both columns/measures in every cell of each column (and not the value for every single cost center in the rows). But why?

I think you can't use an expression without an aggregation in Qlik Sense (except only, which doesn't make sense in this topic in my opinion).

Can anybody help me please?

Best regards,

Florian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
florian_bertsch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

my problem is solved.

I have to set the variable as a string of expression (not the expression itself), then use =$(vVariable) in the measure definition. For this case, the solution is to remove the beginning equal sign ( 😃 in variable v_A0_2019, then use =$(v_A0_2019) as measure definition in the pivot table. Qlik Sense will then treat v_A0_2019 as a string, and does not evaluate the variable before applying to the pivot table.

Best regards,

Florian

View solution in original post

2 Replies
florian_bertsch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

my problem is solved.

I have to set the variable as a string of expression (not the expression itself), then use =$(vVariable) in the measure definition. For this case, the solution is to remove the beginning equal sign ( 😃 in variable v_A0_2019, then use =$(v_A0_2019) as measure definition in the pivot table. Qlik Sense will then treat v_A0_2019 as a string, and does not evaluate the variable before applying to the pivot table.

Best regards,

Florian

mmercol2019
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Florian

Might you please share the solution...

I'm having the same problem.

Thansk