Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarasmonu
Creator
Creator

Plot A Graph

Hi Team ,

Below is my requirement:

I have a field called "Parameter" and each parameter has a numeric value associated with it which is coming from another column "Performance".

I want user should be to select 2 parameter : Say we have 2 filter - 1. Select Parameter A 2. Select Parameter B

Once the Parameter is Selected, i want a graph to be plotted as below:

Parameter A on x - Axis

Parameter B on y- Axis

and the intersecting Performance Value of "Parameter A" and "Parameter B" should be plotted.

Please find attached example.

Help me with anyithing possible on this

Thanks,

Monu

4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

You may do something like this -

1. Create island table 1 having just parameter field, rename it to ParameterA.

2. Create island table 2 having just parameter field, rename it to ParameterB.

Use filters in UI for these fields to select the Parameter A and Parameter B, use scatter plot to plot the values.

3. In scatter plot choose any associated dimension with the fact table parameter values as a chart dimension.

4. Measure1 - Sum({<Parameterfieldoffacttable={$(=chr(39)&ParameterA & chr(39))}PerformanceField)

5.Measure2- Sum({<Parameterfieldoffacttable={$(=chr(39)&ParameterB & chr(39))}PerformanceField)

Thanks,

sarasmonu
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Digvijay,

I tried the above solution you gave. I am not really sure what should i be using for dimension in Scatter Plot.

I am currently using "Parmeter" field from the fact table.

It says: "The chart is not displayed because it contains only unidentified values".

Please find the screen shot attched.

Thanks,

Monu

Example.png

Digvijay_Singh

You can use any dimension linked to your fact table, pl share the actual measures you have used in the chart.

sarasmonu
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks you Digvijay!!

The above Solution works.