cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beaubellamy
Partner - Contributor III

Points not showing in map

I am trying to display points on a map (point layer), but they don't seem to appear. I get some of the points, but not all, there are a total of 145K. I have adjusted the "max visible objects" parameter in the general tab, but this does nothing.

I get the following warning message : "The data contains invalid geometries that could not be displayed on the map. Review your data for errors and try again."

But i can not see any obvious error in the data other than some points are -999. However, when i drill down in the map, i can view these points individually, but not when there is more than one selected.

Below, you can see two individual points selected and visible, but when both points are selected, the map doesn't show anything.

clipboard_image_0.pngclipboard_image_2.png

Can someone explain what is going on and how to view all the points?

Thanks

Labels (1)
  • Maps

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

What are these points representing ? It appears that if you are using the BFI_Left as the point the results would be ambiguous as you do not have one BFI_Left value per Lat/Long point. This looks more like a measure.
beaubellamy
Author

@Lisa_P The BFI_Left is a measure of quality. There is one value for each lat/long point, but there will not be one unique value, if that is what you are saying?

I'm intending the BFI_left to be the value for the point and the lat/long to be the location.

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Just imagine you are trying to map locations of places and each place name has a number of locations, which one do you map ?