Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II

Possible bug in charts when coloring by measure and using a custom format

Good Morning,

using a chart with colour by measure and using a custom number format causes a duplication in information showed in pop-ups.

Here's an example:

Clipboard01.jpg

That's (of course) the correct display. Now, if I move over France I get this:

Clipboard01.jpg

This wrong behavior happens on treemap chart also, both with these conditions:

- set coloring by the same measure of the chart;

- set a custom format for chart measure;

- measure gets over first value custom format applies:

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

In this case, for values below 1000 pop-up is correct, for values greater or equal 1000 pop-up isn't correct.

QS Version: June2017, both server and desktop.

Regards,

Paolo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Paolo- thanks for this - I am told that you can contact support@qlik,com and have them log this as a bug. You can even reference this post if you need to.

Let me know if you have any questions.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Paolo- thanks for this - I am told that you can contact support@qlik,com and have them log this as a bug. You can even reference this post if you need to.

Let me know if you have any questions.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Michael!

Glad to have been useful for product improvement, I'll contact support asap.

Ciao.

Paolo.

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Email sent, but I got this reply: "...Qlik Technical Support is no longer accepting cases by email. You can submit your case via the Portal or for critical severity 1 issues by phone..."

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I will inquire

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Michael, support keeps on rejecting my request, suggesting me to "contact Michael Tarallo to assist you with opening a case if needed"...

Anyway I guess it's because I'm a final customer and not a partner.

Ciao.

Paolo.

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Good Morning Michael,

do you confirm that this bug is not solved yet?

I'm now running Nov2018 and I still see it. Moreover, it seems he got worst, 'cause now it depends on nothing, neither on measure's number format as previously noticed. 

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Paolo.