Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Possible to port My existing QVW doc to qlik sense ?

Hi All

I notice that qlik sense is very powerful for mobile app compare to qlik view. I notice it from the demo of both software.

Since I already I QV running for 5 yr. May I know it is possible for me to port over from QV to qlik sense ?

So I don't need to start from zero . It is a waste of time.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can only convert the data and the data model to Qlik Sense. All the charts and expressions have to be recreated in Qlik Sense. Also keep in mind that Qlik Sense does not have triggers and actions at this time.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can only convert the data and the data model to Qlik Sense. All the charts and expressions have to be recreated in Qlik Sense. Also keep in mind that Qlik Sense does not have triggers and actions at this time.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

I notice that the QS demo does not have initial selection.  I think this is good . As I notice many user refuse to click on initial button. 

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

My if I am using personal edition of QS.  Am I allow to convert QV doc to QS?

As I aware QV personal edition does not allow open other QV doc.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

There is no personal edition of Qlik Sense. What you have is simply Qlik Sense Desktop. You can open any qvf file with it and convert .qvw documents. It doesn't matter if the qlikview document was created with a licensed QV or with QV PE.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

You have just motivate me to download the Quick sense to convert my existing QV doc . So that I am.aware how it meet my requirements.

By the way I also aware QS support binary load. So am.i right to said that QS also support variable setting like ColumnDim right ?

Since QS with out Action button. So the filter handle by what ? if I have data with few country each using their own currency . The sales.asales.amt will be wrong right ? Since with out Action. It will take alall.sales.value in.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can create variables and set their values in the script using the LET and SET keywords.

You can find videos that explain how to make selections in the Qlik Sense Key Capabilities section on this page: New to Qlik Sense Videos

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Thank you for share with me the link . It is very useful.