Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henninghafr
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with date variable

Hi!

I am a noob regarding databases and I am having trouble with date formatting. I have a variable called "available_from" that seems to be formatted as a string (See picture 1). I am able to convert it into a date by using the input format "YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm[:ss[.ffffff]]" (see picture 2) but my problem is that the dates do not show up  when looking at the variable in my Analysis after having reloaded the data (see picture 3). Any suggestion how I can fix this?

Cheers Henning

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the exact script you are using to transform the date field?

henninghafr
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I don't use an actual script but I edit the table (under the data tab) and then click on the variable  and change the field type to "date".  The I use the input format stated above and "MM/DD/YYYY" as display format. Cheers Henning

sunny_talwar

Oh, that might be something new in Qlik Sense. I am not sure how this works. May be someone else can offer there help.

henninghafr
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ok!

Thanks anyway!

henninghafr
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Anyone?

Somy
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

Can you attach your excel file? 

Somy
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

It's really easy to change the date format by scripting. But if you upload a file which contains a similar data format, Sunny or other professionals may be able to check it and answer your question.