Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems with file permissions after "store" from QlikSense

I am having trouble with file permissions of files saved from Qlik Sense Server. I can read them fine from within Qlik Sense, but I can neither read them from QlikView or copy them to my own hard drive (from the server where they are saved. I am the owner of the folder where the files are saved, and files which I copy or save to this folder in other ways are not affected in this way.

I do not have this problem in QlikView. The files which the QlikView server creates can be copied anywhere, and read in both QlikView and QlikSense.

It seems that Qlik Sense Server restricts the permissions for the files it saves to its own "user ID". And I cannot find any way in the "STORE" command to influence this. The result is that I now have files in the directory I own, which I can neither copy, delete, or use by any other program than QlikSense.

Any ideas?

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi Kjell, I don't know what's your issue but I have deployments where qvds are generated by Sense Server, copied to another computer and loaded in Qlikview, I don't have to configure anything to work this way.