Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Promoting a Sheet from Community to Approved

Hi,

As far as I can see, there is presently no mechanism to move a sheet that a user has created and promoted to the Community section of the app up into the Approved sheets.  It seems to me that this should be a basic function of Sense, or there is no way of properly persisting these user created sheets, even when having to move the app back into your work area to change the script and re-publish.

Stephen Redmond posted an article on how to do this by connecting to the back end database this time last year:

Qlik Tips: Promote a Qlik Sense sheet from Community to Approved

Is there now a way of doing this through the front end of the app or is it likely to arrive soon?

Steve

17 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Interested in this too.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Damn.  When I saw you had posted to the thread, Martin, I thought you would have some innovative work around to make it work right.

Ho hum.

Steve

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

haha,sorry for giving you false hopes - just wanted to bump this thread to ensure it's toplisted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Would you have any update on that matter? The query in prod environment is not really an option as you stated.

Bests,

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

I've not heard anything, but at least this thread will have bumped back to the top of the list again...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Last I heard about a month ago from some Qlik employees is that it's not possible yet in the QMC and yes it's a glaring omission and they also ran into this and they kicked it upstairs (or downstairs, dunno where R&D lives).

Onno‌: Do you have any news about this that you can share?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

No changes that I know of that I can or can not share, sorry.

It is a bit of a weird case, as we also discussed during the training.

May you live in interesting times!
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No problem. Thanks for your reply anyway.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply!

This approved status is really a good idea thou. I hope a solution will be find quite soon because customers are a bit puzzled