cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III

Protocol for creating Sense measures for easy use by Users

Hi , does anyone have a good idea on this subject?

For instance some of my variables contain set analysis for Year to Date and Prior Year to Date.

Example :- Name = "vIncidentsLastYear "

Definition Count(DISTINCT(IncidentId*Cal_YTD_LY))

I then have to explain to the user that the formula needs to be $(vIncidentsLastYear) which isn't very user friendly at all.

Anyone got a better solution?

mto

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Why don't you use Master Items / Measures and create a new measure called IncidentsLastYear with your definition?

It should be easy for your users to then use this directly just like a field....

View solution in original post

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Why don't you use Master Items / Measures and create a new measure called IncidentsLastYear with your definition?

It should be easy for your users to then use this directly just like a field....

timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks petter-s

My Qliksense user is the first one to want to do this - i had forgotten that measures could be master items !

nb - we are heavily orientated towards Qlikview

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Tim, on a different note - (just providing additional info when it comes to ease of use and business user interaction) - they can also easily create time based measures and store them in the Master Items, by using the Calendar Measures feature:

Just in case something like this comes up.

https://youtu.be/xXaYVi1L4YU?t=1m57s

Thanks for your question.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks mto

That video was very useful and i've asked our corporate Qlik people whether we can get the upgrade asap !