cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Publishing Master Measures

Hey everyone.

I'm having the same issue with my master measures that was discussed in this thread: Master Items and Duplicate option not visible t... | Qlik Community‌. It seems the OP solved the problem on their own, but I'm wondering why this issue has occurred (why didn't they publish along with the app?) and what the actual fix is (I don't know how to access the Qlik Sense DB and I don't really want to do this).

We use a custom App.Object_* Read rule:

user.roles="PublishAdmin" or

(resource.app.published="false" and user.roles="DataAdmin") or

resource.published="true"

The users who are neither PublishAdmin or DataAdmin can read the master items, which leads me to believe the master measure objects aren't being flagged as published.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For anyone who comes across this post with the same issue, the problem was that the measure was created after the app was published. In this case, the item is never made public to other users. See: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/CreateNewVisualizationsM... "When you are working with a published app, you cannot create master items, but you have access to any master dimensions and measures that were included in the app when it was published."

I'm assuming the user from the post I mentioned previously did the same thing I did, and went into the back-end DB and forced the item to be part of the published app.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For anyone who comes across this post with the same issue, the problem was that the measure was created after the app was published. In this case, the item is never made public to other users. See: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/CreateNewVisualizationsM... "When you are working with a published app, you cannot create master items, but you have access to any master dimensions and measures that were included in the app when it was published."

I'm assuming the user from the post I mentioned previously did the same thing I did, and went into the back-end DB and forced the item to be part of the published app.

edward_cornes
Contributor II
Contributor II

So what is the solution to fix this?

Corentin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi

june 2021 and still no solution ?

We have Key Users creating and publishing new sheets but their master items cannot be viewed by others.

What an uncomfortable situation ...

😞

Corentin