Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QLIKSENSE STRINGS AND NUMBERS TREATMENT

Why does Qliksense treat this two text fields as the same 8828 and 00008828? I have used Text(Fieldname) in my LOAD statement and it still has not fixed it. This therefore affects my join and gives me wrong representation of data on my app,

Kindly help.

3 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Are the values loaded in 'Fieldname' thru other tables as numeric value before you have used text(Fieldname), may be its because the formatting is decided during initial load of this field.

You may do this simple test by adding this table in the beginning of the script -

Load text(Fieldname) as Fieldname inline [

Fieldname

Pl share sample data to try further in case you have other situations..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Digvijay

The values are for a field called Profit Centres. I am loading the data from Employee Active File and then joining with Employee Terminations File.

ACTIVE FILE

PROFIT_CENTRE_CODE        EMPIDs        PROFIT_CENTRE_NAME         ORGNAME                     COUNTRY

000001208                                    02           Susquehanna                               Procurement Services   South Africa

1208                                              03           NULL                                           Delivery Services           Seychelles 

TERMINATIONS FILE

PROFIT_CENTRE_CODE        EMPIDs        PROFIT_CENTRE_NAME         ORGNAME                     COUNTRY

000001208                                    04           Susquehanna                               Procurement Services   South Africa

1208                                              10          NULL                                           Delivery Services           Seychelles 

Once I load the data on Qliksense and autojoins are created as required. Empids are counted.

On the app:

When I select Seychelles filter, I find 00001208 listed as one of the profit centres with no  employee count at all?

But 1208 does not exist at all.

On selecting the South Africa data behaves ok I find right count in employees.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

IGNORE ABOVE..Use this:

Thanks Digvijay

The values are for a field called Profit Centres. I am loading the data from Employee Active File and then joining with Employee Terminations File.

ACTIVE FILE

000001208                                    02           Susquehanna                               Procurement Services   South Africa

1208                                              03           NULL                                           Delivery Services           Seychelles

TERMINATIONS FILE

000001208                                    04           Susquehanna                               Procurement Services   South Africa

1208                                              10          NULL                                           Delivery Services           Seychelles

Once I load the data on Qliksense and autojoins are created as required. Empids are counted.

On the app:

When I select Seychelles filter, I find 00001208 listed as one of the profit centres with counts of employees

But 1208 does not exist at all.

On selecting the South Africa data behaves ok I find right count in employees under 00001208.