Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QMC Duplicate Error

I am experiencing the following error when attempting to duplicate an app using the QMC in Qlik Sense 2.0.3.

Title: An error occurred

Body: Unable to get property 'forEach' of undefined or null reference.

Button1: Restart QMC

Button2: Cancel

If I go ahead with the operation, the resulting application has the following qualities:

• The file size of the resulting app is 0Mb, implying that no data was copied, however I am able to see data in the Data Manager
  • The data model is intact
  • The data load script is gone (or I can't see it)

The same thing happens -- without the error -- if I attempt to Export/Import the app.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Although the error is troubling, my primary problem is that I am not able to see or edit my data load script.

According to the documentation, the following workflow should be possible:

1. Develop an app
  2. Publish it (at which point I should not be able to edit the script)
  3. Duplicate the app to "My Work" stream
  4. Edit the app (in "My Work" stream)
  5. Republish

My problem is that, when I do step 3, I am not able to see the script in step 4.  Please keep in mind that I am the Content Admin for the app, so I don't think this should be a permissions issue.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Camron,

Are you the owner of the document? If not, try to check from QMC. It is probably in Apps section.

BR

Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I am the owner.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Camron,

Try to contact with mto‌ , he may find the right guys (Qlik developers etc.) to solve your problems.

BR

Serhan

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Camron - thanks Serhan for mentioning me in the discussion so I can be alerted of this.

• Cameron - first thing - are you using a licensed version of Qlik Sense or a trial license? If license, have you contacted Qlik support? If so have they been in contact with you? - That would be the recommended approach.

• Just to make sure - in the user list - are there 2 IDs with the same name - 1 with a different user directory perhaps - I am trying to establish that the correct owner is attached to the app - which I believe you verified. I have seen issues when users with the same ID from multiple user directories are loaded - they are actually considered as unique IDs since one comes from a different directory.
  • What browser are you using? Can you try this in a different browser? (i have seen some errors in our bug tracking system that are relating similar errors to IE)
  • Is it possible to upgrade to 2.1?
  • can you attach the .qvf and let me try it on my system?
  • Direct message me mto‌ - I will send you my amazon environment - QMC - and give you creds and you can import to that server to test (if you are allowed)

Let me know

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

FYI, I created a separate thread for the issue related to Not able to see load script after copy of published app.

This thread will focus solely on the QMC-Duplicate error.