cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QS Document Analyzer V1.2 is available

An new version, 1.2,  of the Qlik Sense Document Analyzer is available for download:

Qlikview Cookbook: QS Document Analyzer http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/qs-document-analyzer/

Updates for V1.2:

• Fixed errors when empty Variable or Measure.
  • Added ErrorLog table to data model. This table will record errors detected during the analysis process, e.g. Connector errors.
  • Improved DA data model.
  • The connector now extracts additional expressions such as Color By and Reference Lines.
  • New attribute “Expression Location” identifies where in the object an expression is used.
  • New attribute “Expression Table Count” attempts to identify multi-table expressions, which may be poor performers.
  • New MasterDimension attributes “Master Dimension Label Conflict” and “Master Dimension Def Conflict” attempt to highlight possibly ambiguity in Dimension definitions.
  • New expression attributes “Has Set Analysis” and “Uses Variable”.
  • Expression Function usage analysis.
  • Possible to define “initial selections” to be made by the connector before calculating objects.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

18 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Bug reported to me today.  Listboxes and Filterpanes are not associating with Fields.  I'll repost here as soon as a fix is available.

-Rob

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Bug fixed. An updated v1.2.1 is available on the download site.

-Rob

Tanalex
Creator II
Creator II

Rob, thanks for the tool and your contributions.  I am getting the following error:

The error occurred here:

AppInfo:

Load

Hash128(AnalysisComputerName, AppName, date(AnalysisDatetime, 'YYYYMMDD_hhmmss')) & '_' as %KeyDocument

Here is the information from the StackTrace.txt file the error message says to look at:

System.TimeoutException: Method "OpenApp" timed out

at Qlik.Engine.Communication.QlikConnection.AwaitResponseTask(T task, String methodName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Qlik.Engine.Hub.OpenApp(String docName, String userName, String password, String serial, Boolean noData)

at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.App(ILocation location, IAppIdentifier appIdentifier, ISession session, Nullable`1 noVersionCheck, Boolean noData)

at   . ()

at   . .MoveNext()

at QlikView.Qvx.QvxLibrary.QvxConnection.WriteTableItemsToStream(QvxDataTable table, Stream pipeStream)

at QlikView.Qvx.QvxLibrary.QvxConnection.InternalExecute(DataPipe dataPipe, QvxDataTable table, Action`1 onError, Action clearMExecuteError)

Any ideas how I can resolve this? 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi Michael,

Does it timeout for just this one app or small apps as well?

-Rob

Tanalex
Creator II
Creator II

Just this one app, which is quite large.  Other/"smaller" apps work fine.

Thanks Rob!

arjandenouden
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Having the same issue here. Is there a setting we can tweak so it doesn't timeout?

My app is about 1GB in size on disc and desperately need to optimize but would like to know where to start 🙂

Thank you in advance.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Michael's problem turned out to be caused by Section Access, not a true timeout.  Does your app have section access?

-Rob

Tanalex
Creator II
Creator II

Yes group, my issue was Section Access.

Rob, I have been able to run a few of our apps through DA.  One found 304 unused fields, out of a possible 358.  Is there a panel that lists the DROP FIELDS command like the Qlik View version?  If so, which tab is it on?  If not we can export the list and create the command ourselves, just wanted to check with you first.   Thank you!

arjandenouden
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

No, it doesn't have section access. For now i ended up partially loading the data until it was about 20% or 200MB of original size. Then doc analyzer worked and i was able to find unused fields. Offcourse calculation times etc. are a bit skewed now... 🙂