Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

QS create story telling can i avoid reload data ?

Hi All

I have create a story telling .

I find it very trouble some i need to keep reload the data .

For example first slide i present SOURCE = ADL. i need to select SOURCE = ADL and reload.

For example Second slide i present SOURCE = TID. i need to select SOURCE = TID and reload.

it there any way i don't need to reload ?

Enclosed my QVF.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

in your story you include the same sheet live where you can make selections

so why do you need two sheets , the user can change the selections when looking at the sheet

the other problem with this approach for me is that you can't really tell a story because the data changes every reload

for me stories should be some snap shots of charts and added insights of the users , so you don't want the data to change. why do you need story to display a sheet when the user can actually use the original sheet

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

in your story you include the same sheet live where you can make selections

so why do you need two sheets , the user can change the selections when looking at the sheet

the other problem with this approach for me is that you can't really tell a story because the data changes every reload

for me stories should be some snap shots of charts and added insights of the users , so you don't want the data to change. why do you need story to display a sheet when the user can actually use the original sheet

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Liron

Thank you for your sharing .

In my actual app , I have one page which show the KPI another page see overall competitor.

So look like I need to manually unselect the SOURCE.

My example show you is not a good example , I should have make it more real.

I like you mention story tell should be taking the image of the chart . Which I think you are right.

For me i want the story tell help me create the report I need in ppt file. hich is QV lack of for very long .

That why I face with the issue on need to change the SOURCE.

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +659:261804