Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumarsudhakar
Contributor II
Contributor II

QVD generation from Qlik Sense data model

Hi,

I dont have access to qvds which I am using in the app, so I cannot reload the app.

Is there any way to get the qvd's from the data model?

If there are any ways to export qvd, please let me know.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you ask to be given permissions to access the qvd's ?

If you have a legit reason then I would expect it will be granted.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

ask your Qliksense Adminsitrator to give you the right permission to reload the app/export the app etc, it is just about security rules

Digvijay_Singh

If there is no means of getting QVDs access, You may try to look at the apps and its data model  which created those QVDs(If you have access to those QVWs), hope you are aware that QVDs are generated through Qlik apps only and they can be used in other apps to load data from existing QVDs.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can do a BINARY load of the data model from the Qlik Application in question. Then you can in the load script where you did the BINARY store each table as a QVD. There are already load script routines developed for that purpose that you can find here on Qlik Community I believe.

However check that you are not breaking any company or organization policies as to extracting data before you do such a thing. Even though it might be technically possible doesn't mean that it is permissible.

kumarsudhakar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks to all of you for your time, We have only one access and with that my manger is working. I am not going to reveal the data of client. Here problem is I need to play some thing with qvds in script, so is there any chance to create qvd's from data model?

@Petter, Thanks. I can load the app but my intention is different. need to work with qvd's in script.

Thanks,

kumarsudhakar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi All,

Anybody have any idea about the above requirement?

Thanks,