Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVW file size differ after using loop and reduce

Hi, I getting huge QVW file size difference after distributing application using loop and reduce i.e. I need to use loop and reduce due to huge volume of data so that it reduces the file size and creates individual file with respect to country (field Name). But if I distribute for only one country using where clause in QVW the file size is less and size is more if when loop and reduce is .

Please help.

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

Is there maybe a difference by the compression-option? I'm not sure if the publisher will keep a compression if this is enabled within the source-qvw.

- Marcus

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

When you use the where clause and create a separate file for each country then you are physically removing the data from the application..

But in the case of reduce and loop i guess it is logically restricting the file for a country.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sommer, there no difference in compression i.e. in both cases it is selected as high.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sushil, if that is the case then using loop and reduce file should have huge size as it is just restricting the file for a country. i.e. it should have file size as how I have for 4 countries and it just showing the data for only one country but it is not happening the same.

marcus_sommer

Try it with disabling the compression and check the file-sizes again.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I did it but no luck ..

marcus_sommer

But the file-sizes from both applications increased significantly?

Please take a look into the tablewiever and report here the number of records from your main fact-tables and the belonging file-sizes from the origin app (without any country-filter), the manually reduced one and the from publisher reduced version.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Finally I got the solution for my issue. I would like to recall issue.

1) I have huge data in QVD and after publishing size of application is huge

2) Thought to use Loop and reduce based on country so that individual country will have respective QVW

3) But after implementing L&R file size is still huge than if we use where clause for individual country

Now came up with another solution i.e. created a new variable in script and pass the value from publisher. So that it will consider as where clause and it creates individual file for each countries and file also got reduced.

Please refer below screenshot.

Included variable in script

VariableInScript.jpg

Passing value

PassingParameter.jpg

Create individual tasks for every country in QMC