Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

gerald_lebret
New Contributor II

Qlik Branch extensions

Hi,

there are so many great extension on qlik branch but here is my problem:
We are a company that develops application for different customers. How can I be sure that my extension will be maintained. Who am I supposed to get in touch with if my extension suddenly stops working (after an update for instance)?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards.

G. LEBRET

5 Replies
deflection
New Contributor

Re: Qlik Branch extensions

Hi Gérald

Extensions available on Qlik Branch are not maintained by Qlik - they are maintained by the extension developer only. If a developer decides to stop updating the extension or doesn't provide support, you will have to update it yourself - or find another extension to swap it out for.

There is a trusted extension developer programme (Trusted Extension Developer Program) that's just started, and also a number of paid-for extensions which offer support (for a fee - for example, the extension library built by VizLib).

gerald_lebret
New Contributor II

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your answer. We would be very much interested by the trusted extension developer program. How do you access the list of verified extensions?

Thanks for your answer

gerald_lebret
New Contributor II

my bad, I wasn't logged in. I found my answer. Thanks

alex1513
New Contributor

Hi Dave,

In Qlik Branch, we have an option - Project Status.

What is the purpose of "Project Status"? What will happen If we select open or closed?

deflection
New Contributor

Not sure alex1513‌.

As that field is set by the author and generally set to "Open". Not sure where else it's used.

I'd search for your question on the Branch slack team: Join Qlik Branch on Slack!