cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik CLI Qlik Sense Cmdlet for PowerShell

Does anyone has successfully installed and used the Qlik CLI from the Git hub for Qlik Sense

Please provide me with some use case documentation for using this open source addon for the Qlik Sense.

GitHub - ahaydon/Qlik-Cli: Qlik Sense Cmdlet for PowerShell

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tuomassy_wartsi
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have exactly the same issue. Documentation does not provide any information how authentication to Qlik Sense should be configured. Given example of using certificates does not work.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
tuomassy_wartsi
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have exactly the same issue. Documentation does not provide any information how authentication to Qlik Sense should be configured. Given example of using certificates does not work.

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Use this Syntax to connect to the Qlik Sense API from the PowerShell Command line

Connect-Qlik -Computername [computer-Name] -TrustAllCerts -Username [ServiceAccount with which Qlik is Installed]

tuomassy_wartsi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Tried this, but still returns errors. Used following syntax at central node: "Connect-Qlik -Computername https://127.0.0.1/  -TrustAllCerts -Username domain\username"

---

Invoke-RestMethod : The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

User the Domain Name OR CName for the Computer For example <CentralNode-machinename> OR <cname>.

Also in the PowerShell set the command as below before executing the command.

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

tuomassy_wartsi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Managed to establish connection by using commands

"Connect-Qlik -Computername https://computer/  -TrustAllCerts -Username domain\user"

"gci cert:currentuser\my | where { $_.friendlyname -eq 'QlikClient' } | Connect-Qlik"

. After that I managed to run commands with Qlik-CLi. Thanks

harika18
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hey,Can you explain in detail about the Connect-Qlik command in powershell?

soheil
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I keep getting below error message. I am trying to run the CLI from qlik sense central node. I am not connecting remotely. 

Connect-Qlik [servername] -UseDefaultCredentials -TrustAllCerts

Get-QlikAbout : The term 'Get-QlikAbout' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try
again.
At C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Qlik-Cli\Qlik-Cli.psm1:119 char:19
+ $result = Get-QlikAbout
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-QlikAbout:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

ryanplkam
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Did anyone figure out how to connect using Connect-Qlik command from the qlik central node machine itself? Am getting the same error message "The term 'Get-QlikAbout' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, etc...' as @soheil 

Thanks