Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilias_fytrakis
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik-Cli - Unable to Import Application with big file size

Dear all,

We are using Qlik Sense September 2018 SR2 and we are trying to import with Qlik-Cli the application which is being given with Qlik Scalability Tools (File: 200M-PTSalesAnalytics.qvf , Size: 5,45GB).

We use the following commands to import the file

Import-Module Qlik-Cli
Connect-Qlik -computername qserver -username qserver\QlikAdmin
Import-QlikApp -name "200M-PTSalesAnalytics" -file "C:\200M-PTSalesAnalytics.qvf" -upload

Notes: QlikAdmin is a RootAdmin account.

While the file initially is being uploaded (the bytes counter disappear after several minutes) , we get the following error

_Invoke-RestMethod: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Qlik-Cli\functions\core.ps1:32 char:15

... $result = Invoke-RestMethod -Method $method -Uri $path @params -Web ...

CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebException

FullyQualifiedErrorId: WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand_

When we try to import an application with a smaller file size (e.g. 800MB), the operation completes successfully. Do you have any idea on how can we workaround this error? I have posted the same question in github (URLhttps://github.com/ahaydon/Qlik-Cli/issues/82)

Thanks for your time and actions!

Best regards,
iLiAS

We're entering a new world in which data may be more important than software.
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ilias_fytrakis
Author

Dear all,

Below you will find the solution on my initial question:

1. We have a fix for exporting applications which file size is > 2GB. (v.1.15.1)

2. We have a workaround for the import command.

(*) Placement of the application with big file size in the ImportFolder (run in PowerShell > Invoke-QlikGet /qrs/app/importfolder).

(*) Import of the application with the following command

Import-QlikApp -file "'BIG_APP.qvf'" -name BIG_APP

I would to thank everyone for their help.

Best regards,
iLiAS

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is the purpose you are trying Qlik-Cli? 

If you are configuring the automated Deployment from one version to another version.

Can you check whether It is imported successfully or not using below command in Powers hell console, And please provide the version name. To check, use this? 

$PSVersionTable.PSVersion

To know, Qlik Cli is already there use below command

Get-Help Qlik 

If it fails, that means that is not imported successfully.

What is your path? Is something "C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\version\Modules\.."

Can you try this command to import Qlik Client 

Import-Module Qlik-Cli.psml

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ilias_fytrakis
Author

Dear Anil_Babu_Samineni,

Regarding your questions:

1. We use Qlik-Cli to automate the import of applications in Qlik Sense.

2. $PSVersionTable.PSVersion => 5.1 Build 14393 Revision 2791

3. The execution of Get-Help Qlik returns the available Qlik-related functions.

4. Path = ...;C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\version1.0\;...

5. The execution of Import-Module Qlik-Cli.psm1 completes successfully. (no error messages returned)

Now, we are trying to increase the session timeout in core.ps1

$result = Invoke-RestMethod -Method $method -Uri $path @params -WebSession $script:webSession -TimeoutSec 3600

I will let you know about the outcome of our actions. Thanks for your initial response.

Best regards,

iLiAS

ilias_fytrakis
Author

In addition to my initial message, we also get an error message when we try to Export a big Qlik Sense Application (File Size: 5GB). This time the error we get is the following:

Invoke-RestMethod : Stream was too long
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Qlik-Cli\functions\core.ps1:32 char:15

We found out that the maximum size for a Qlik Application in order to be exported successfully is 2,147,483,591 bytes (2 GB).

Finally, as mentioned in

Title: Invoke-RestMethod fails on very large files
URL: PowerShell/PowerShell#4129

'Invoke-RestMethod fails to download a large file but Invoke-WebRequest works'

Thanks,
iLiAS

kmn
Employee
Employee

Ilia,

Just an FYI, Qlik-Cli is a tool build by Qlik Consulting services and not from Qlik R&D. As a result support for this is only provided selectively to customers  as part of their consulting engagement. There might be a filesize limitation but again, as Adam denotes on his github:"This software is made available "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. Qlik support agreement does not cover support for this software."

Nonetheless I 'll try to take a look at your issue and if I come up with something I ll keep you posted.
Cheers,

-Kostas

ilias_fytrakis
Author

Dear Kosta,

Thanks for your reply. I am aware of that Qlik-Cli is not supported by Qlik. I have opened this thread because Qlik-Cli is a really handy 'tool' and the file size limitation affects its overall usability in a real-life QS environment.

Thanks in advance for your time and actions.

Best regards,
iLiAS
ilias_fytrakis
Author

Dear all,

A new version of Qlik-Cli (v.1.15.1) was provided to us in github. I will test its operation and will update the current thread.

Thanks,
iLiAS
ilias_fytrakis
Author

Dear all,

Below you will find the solution on my initial question:

1. We have a fix for exporting applications which file size is > 2GB. (v.1.15.1)

2. We have a workaround for the import command.

(*) Placement of the application with big file size in the ImportFolder (run in PowerShell > Invoke-QlikGet /qrs/app/importfolder).

(*) Import of the application with the following command

Import-QlikApp -file "'BIG_APP.qvf'" -name BIG_APP

I would to thank everyone for their help.

Best regards,
iLiAS