Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Qlik Dropbox connector what are the purpose ?

Hi All

I have read the below blog post , but i am still blur.

Qlik Design Blog

Hope some one can share with me , does the dropbox connector able to solve my issue ?

Now i am using QS 3.2 , and i have upload the QVF file to cloud. now i like to make it automatic update the raw data, instead of manually upload the QVF file,

My question is does dropbox connector able to solve the problem. What i mean is my raw data and put at dropbox and Qlik dropbox connector will automatic reload thru the dropbox connector to update my raw date to cloud.

Hope some one can share with me.

Paul Yeo

30 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Michael

Thank you very much for your guide , now i manage to get the QVF file with out error.

But then when i do a reload , it does read all the CSV data into QS. and no error msg.

Now my issue is where can make the load script display at data editor ?

Enclosed the QVF which have CSV data., but unable to view the script listing when go to data editor.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Michael

I manage to found the script listing , when i click on the Auto generated section.

Now i already upload the QVF file to cloud .

May i know what i need to do to make it automatic reload thru dropbox connector ?

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Michael

Now i need some help to create connector for automatic reload data daily. may i know after i click on Connections icon, how should i enter the path ?

connector.png

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul - these videos will show you that:

found here: with others: New to Qlik Sense Cloud Videos

Note: After you set this up - you will still need to update the dropbox file manually or find some way to automate the file movement.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Once you upload the file to the Group Workspace - you should be able to click the app and access the menu

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Michael

I follow your video , when i want  get token , i get error msg. where i go wrong ?

dropbox toqen.png

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul - you will have to play with this, but you are not following the video correctly, you are not on the download endpoint screen:

You should be here:

https://dropbox.github.io/dropbox-api-v2-explorer/#files_download

That is the download enpoint - in your screenshot you look like you are in the

https://dropbox.github.io/dropbox-api-v2-explorer/#auth_token/from_oauth1

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Michael

I go to the Dropbox API explore download., which is the link you send to me , then i click on get token , and i enter the path name of the raw data file :-

C:\Users\Paul Yeo\Dropbox\DataFile\gettingstarted\data.csv

Then i click on submit call , i still getting error msg. 

download api.png

Hope you can advise me where i go wrong ?

Paul Yeo

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul - it is assumed you are familiar with Dropbox or another cloud storage service. The path needs to be the path on the Dropbox server, NOT your local drive. As in the video, you need the path to be represented like this:

/data/gettingstarteddata.csv

NOT

C:\

HTH

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Michael

Many thank for your advise. Now i can go ahead to add dropbox connector.

Step 1. I copy below to URL :-

https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/download

URL.png

Step 2 I cannot see clearly on the Name for Dropbox-API , Hope you can give me the correct wording. and Value i enter :-

["path"="/data/gettingstarteddata.csv"]

I also enter Authorization and copy the Access Token paste at value :-

buhChTY8u1gAAAAAAADJlEjYjzbiDFe3383_XCBIzc-EUT_I30drf0zL9HCn6MWX

API.png

I get the error msg :-

error HTTP.png

Hope you can advise me where i go wrong ? Appreciate your help.

Paul Yeo