Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - An error occurred App is already open

Hi,

I installed The Qlik Sense desktop client. I'm trying to create some sheets, but i'm getting almost in every click the message:

An error occurred

App is already open

(see also attachment)

And i can't save or create anything.

Any advice?

Thanks

Jim

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Its a message reporting that Qlik Sense Desktop cannot open another app in the session you are using. Please verify that you only connect with a valid client. If that failes restart the program and all sessions will end.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

If closing Qlik Sense Desktop doesn't work.  Go into Task Manager (ctrl-shift-esc) and end all the processes related to Qlik Sense (QlikSense.exe and QlikSenseBrowser.exe)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan,

What do you mean by "valid client" ? I downloaded the desktop client and tried to create some graphs. But even if i'll restart the program, i keep getting the same message.

Thanks

Giuseppe_Novello

Jim,

Have you tried reboot the machine, then like Josh Good explain when you launch Qlik Sense .exe file make sure that you just see one Qliksense.exe and two Qliksensebrowser.exe within task manager.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Gio, i have rebooted several times my pc. I have also uninstall and re-install the desktop client, but still the same issue

Thanks

Jim

Giuseppe_Novello

Jim,

Does it happen randomly when you are working with any qvf? Can you replicate the same issue when you open our sample QVFs?  is there anything specific that you notice when the error show up?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's a good catch. When i'm working on yours QVFs, it happened just once. When i'm working on my QVFs it happens continuesly. Actually, it doesn't seem to be any pattern of when it happens. The only thing is that it happens only in edit mode.

Thanks

Giuseppe_Novello

Jim ,

Are you QVFs are stored C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps, is not shared or roaming profile? like described at then end of this discussion:

Qlik Sense export error? | Qlik Community

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Gio,

my QVFs are there and it is not a shared or roaming profile. My QVDs are in another location. Does it matters?

Jim