cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brian_holborow
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense Auto Complete not working

I have Sense Desktop running on a Surface Pro 3 and Sony Vaio: both are running Windows 8.1 and Sense version 2.0.1.  I am seeing very different behaviour between these machines in both the script editor and the expression editor, for example there is no Auto Complete on the Surface Pro, and the tab key on the Surface Pro changes the window focus rather than inserting a tab character.

Is this working as deigned, or are there some settings within Sense or in Windows that I could tweak to change this behaviour?

thanks

Brian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giroux7103
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I had the same issue and after playing with a bunch of chrome://flags settings to no avail, I discovered a work around.

Once you open the expression editor in Chrome just press Shift+Tab once...  for whatever reason that seems to get not only the auto-complete working, but also inserts tabs into the text as opposed to switching focus to another control.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

No clue if it is working as designed, but shortly after the 2.0.1 release the 2.0.2 version was released. Might be worth patching to see if that solved your problem.

We are expecting 2.1.x soon (as in "this month") btw.

May you live in interesting times!
brian_holborow
Author

Onno

thanks for the suggestion.  I have now upgraded to Sense Desktop version 2.0.3 (the latest available) but I still have no Auto Complete on the Surface Pro (and the tab key is still changing focus rather than entering a tab character)

Brian.

brian_holborow
Author

Further information...

For those of you interested in this post, I have some more information - the lack of AutoComplete seems to only be an issue with the desktop editor itself and with Google Chrome (which is a bit odd since the Sense desktop editor is based on Chromium). 

To get around the issue you can use one of the other browsers: if you are using the desktop hub you can do this by opening the desktop first to get the hub running, and then open an alternate browser and going to the URL localhost:4848/hub

Hope this helps

Brian

nick_creek
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Brian,

Your workaround solved the issue on Sense Desktop 2.1.1 running on surface pro 4, which was experiencing the same problem.

Cheers,

Nick

Not applicable

For me it does not work in Qlik Sense Desktop or Chrome. It does work in IE and Firefox. I am running Qlik Sense Desktop 2.2. Anybody have the same experience?

giroux7103
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I had the same issue and after playing with a bunch of chrome://flags settings to no avail, I discovered a work around.

Once you open the expression editor in Chrome just press Shift+Tab once...  for whatever reason that seems to get not only the auto-complete working, but also inserts tabs into the text as opposed to switching focus to another control.

brian_holborow
Author

Matt

Thanks for this - yes it works for me, both in the Desktop UI and in Chrome. 

Much appreciated

Brian

Not applicable

I had this issue on QlikSense Desktop 3.0. By going to the expression editor and pressing SHIFT+TAB, it enabled the auto-complete functionality. No need to do anything in Chrome.