Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulgoyal1287
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense: Colour by expression in a bar graph (one dimension & multiple measures)

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some help in Qliksense.. i have a bar chart which has only one dimension but four measures...  i want to give specific colour to each measure(which denotes as bars) by writing it in colour by expression....

I am familiar with the way to do it in such a scenario where we have one or more dimensions & only one measure.. where i can write the expression by using IF Clause.. etc...

It would be great if there is any workaround to do that at expression level which can be shared with me as well.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best Regards,

Rahul Goyal

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

Create ur 4 measures as master measures (master items); and there u can define a color to each of ur measures:

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

to be able to color by expressions you should set the coloring parameter to multicolour

rahulgoyal1287
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the response Youssef.. However i want to give specific colours to specific measures which is is possible by using colour by expression... multicolour would give random colours which i dont want to use.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I see, I've never try coloring by expressions using the coloring expression editor.. I'll take a look but maybe omarbensalem‌ already know how to do this

OmarBenSalem

Create ur 4 measures as master measures (master items); and there u can define a color to each of ur measures:

Capture.PNG

rahulgoyal1287
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Omar for the help.. it worked!!