Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afbraga1
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense ETL Development Methodology

Hello,

As someone used to Qlikview and new to Qlik Sense, I'm having trouble understanding what is the correct development methodology for Sense. In Qlikview, I would have several folders with different tiers to extract, transform and storing data. All these middle tiers would be combined in another file to create the data model. If I wanted to debug a part of the chain process I would open that specific file and test it.

But with Sense it works very differently as far as I know. All the script is inside an app, and it seems/feels weird to have a UI filled with various apps that are supposed to be different tiers of a ETL process. Also in Qlikview I would store/load files based on a relative path to the .qvw file, but here I don't understand how that is done, since I don't know where a Sense app is even located.

Suppose I wanted to recreate a Qlikview app that has like 10+ .qvw tier files, how am I supposed to transport that to Sense in properly manner?

I tried to look for tutorials, guides concerning the best practice but I can't say I have found something that extinguished my doubts. Can some of you shed some light on this and your experience on how I should tackle this. Thank you.

Best Regards,

André Braga

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

PFA

Make sure, qlik not recommend the binary load concepts in Qliksense due to App ID and Sheet ID generate by GUI authentication. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegu...

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful