Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brabbi1989
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense. Filter. How to select all previous value?

Hi. I'm new in Qlik Sense. I'm working on the issue when user want select in filter one value and automatic select all previous values. For example, when user select 5, values 4,3,2,1 should be selected automatically.

How can I do it? 

Thank for help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Brabbi

A quick fix is to use following statement in the search field "<5>=1"

Otherwise a more complex solution is to build a dummy table contaning value to select and the related value. Then use masterfield in the dummy table as a filter.

Br.

Teis

View solution in original post

11 Replies
teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Brabbi

A quick fix is to use following statement in the search field "<5>=1"

Otherwise a more complex solution is to build a dummy table contaning value to select and the related value. Then use masterfield in the dummy table as a filter.

Br.

Teis

brabbi1989
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Teis. Thanks for your reply. How can I automatically set value "<5>=1" in search field? 

teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @brabbi1989

It depend on the QS version you are on.

I Nov 2018 it can be done with "Qlik Sense Dynamic Default Bookmark Selection On Open"

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Bookmarks/set-defaul...

Br.

Teis

brabbi1989
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I use September 2018. How do you think, in case when I want to use input field (I have added it use extension input Variable) and button for setting this value what solution I need?

Thank
teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @brabbi1989

Maybe this can work, and you will be able to selected in a native filter object with disired dimension

set analysis

{< Fieldselected, Fieldselection = {"<=$(=only(Fieldselected))"}  >}

Br.

Teis

brabbi1989
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @teiswamsler
I have tried. I wrote this in filter expresion. It didn't work. Maybe exists other idea?

Thanks
teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Have you change "Fieldselected" to the field the user will make the selection in?

brabbi1989
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, sure
teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

can you provide a small sample app?