cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epar5lcd
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense IF logic for Conditional Measure with a Drill Down Dimension

I am attempting to change the way a measure is calculated based on the stage of a drill down. I am able to correctly visualize the data independently.

Level A dimension is defined as: Aggr(Count({<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Event#]),[Name])
and the corresponding measure is: Count(Distinct{<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Name])

When visualized as a bar chart, it displays x= number of events; and y=frequency that [Name] had the same number of events (eg. x=11 and y=5: Five Names have Eleven event occurrences). 

Level B dimension is defined as: [Name]
and the corresponding measure is: Count({<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Event#])

When visualized as a bar chart, it displays x=name; and y=number of events.

My goal is that when the user selects 11, the drill down displays the 5 names and shows the number of events associated with each name.

The following IF statement should work but doesn't. I have tested it by components and it appears to function but fails as a whole. What is the correct approach and more importantly why is this logic failing? 

Count(
IF(Count({$<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Name])=Count({1<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Name]), // IF Current set = Original set
Count(Distinct{<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Name]), // TRUE = Calculate Level A
Count({<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Event#])) // FALSE = Calculate Level B
)

Result:
All conditions are evaluated as TRUE regardless of whether the current set is equal to the original set or not.

Test A:
Count(
IF(Count({$<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Name])=Count({1<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Name]), // IF Current set = Original set
'Hi Mom', // TRUE = display string Mom
'Hi Dad' // FALSE = display string Dad
) // Chart responds as expected, when drill down changes, displays Mom at level A and Dad at level B.

Test B:
Count(
IF(P=Q, // IF Current set = Original set
Count(Distinct{<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Name]), // TRUE = Calculate Level A
Count({<[Status]={'OK'}>}[Event#])) // FALSE = Calculate Level B
) // P & Q are numbers, if they are set to be equivalent so that the logic is TRUE, measure calculation equals TRUE; if they are set to be different so that the logic is FALSE, measure calculation equals FALSE

Any thoughts on why this is happening? Thanks!

Labels (4)
0 Replies