cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Lib Connection - read and write

Capture0.PNG.pngCapture.PNG.pngHi Mike,

Thank you for your prompt response. At the same time, when working with Qlikview, I usually extract from non-QVD data source, and store the logical table into QVD using "STORE" statement. When I do the same thing (and slightly modify the path to use "lib//", it saves the qvd successfully. However, when I was about to restore that QVD, it gave me XML error shown above. Do I need to create a separate "connection" for reading & saving it into folder (I'm using Qlik Sense Desktop 1.0).

Thank you,

Anton

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey Anton,

My bad, I fixed it. I forget when you branch a new discussion there is a checkbox to mark it as a question, I forgot to mark that checkbox. All set if you can mark it I would appreciate it thank you have a good night

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Anton - I branched your discussion as this is a new topic - therefore created a new thread:

I don't see the XML error you specified. I see an image of the QlikView File Wizard. Did you post the wrong screenshot - or did you mean - the garbage displayed in the QlikView File Wizard screenshot?

•     Are you attempting to use the QVD created with Qlik Sense - in QlikView?

If so this will not work - as the QVD created by Qlik Sense is different and not backwards compatible.

In regards to your question - no you should not need to create a separate lib connection for reading and writing.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

My apology. Yes, you're correct. It's not XML error, but the gibberish shown when attempting opening QVD created by QlikSense (via qlikview).

I guess we should open and store QVD created by QlikSense and Qlikview respectively, and should not mix them up.

Thank you again for taking the time responding to my inquiry. I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Anton

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Ok perfect.

Please post as needed, we are happy to help.

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so others know that you question has been answered to your satisifaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Capture.PNG.pngHi Mike,

Somehow, I cannot find the "Correct" option even though I did see it on the previous thread. Is it because this thread was branched from the original one?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey Anton,

My bad, I fixed it. I forget when you branch a new discussion there is a checkbox to mark it as a question, I forgot to mark that checkbox. All set if you can mark it I would appreciate it thank you have a good night

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

no worries. Thanks again for your help. Good night to you too!