Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spryhoda
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense - Map Visualization

Hello,

I am creating a US map visualization and need to add a dimension and a measure to a map I have loaded from a qvd file. When I add a dimension it adds it to the appearance section on the right hand side. I then add a measure and it overwrites the dimensions and places it in the same location under appearance. In the demo video here 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Qlik-Sense-Creating-a-Map-Visualizatio...

it shows dimensions and measures being added right under the data section. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sean

6 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

the video in the link is a few versions old.

Here is a more recent video that may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxmoMacg_o

spryhoda
Contributor
Contributor
Author

When I click Add a Layer it does not give me those 3 visual map options. It has me add a dimension that I've loaded into Qlik using a geography qvd file. When I have the map up I'm unable to add another dimension and can only add a measure.

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

What field are you loading as a dimension ?

maybe try starting again.

Step 1 - drag a map onto the sheet - > from here you can select an underlying map
Step 2 - If you are adding a point layer, you can drag and drop that field (dimension) or Add a point layer and add a dimension.
Step 3 - if there are issues with the point locations, change the settings in the Locations section of the properties

spryhoda
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Whenever I drag a map onto the sheet I do not get an underlying map option. I have seen videos where there are three options that appear after dragging the map onto the sheet but they do not exist for me.

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

can you post a screen shot ?
spryhoda
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Turned out to be a Qlik Sense February 2018 version bug.