Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjpepping
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Map - any way to lock the map to prevent zoom in/out on scroll?

Currently in the process of developing a mashup that includes a few maps, and we'd like to find a way (if possible) to turn off the ability to zoom into a map and keep the view static so that users don't accidentally zoom in or out of the default view (U.S. states) while scrolling through the app. It doesn't look like this is possible, or at least readily apparent from the default options. Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK9885
Master II
Master II

I think it is not possible to completely disable zoom option. You can try SVG Map, which is a free extension. In that you can assign 0 value to disable zoom.

All other extensions are licensed.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Which map extension are you using?

Is it the default Qlik Sense Map or a 3rd party extension object?

tjpepping
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I'm currently using the default Qlik Sense Map

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes you can disable the zoom totally and map will stay static for the users.

go to properties>presentation>navigation on/off>uncheck auto-zoom on selection.

Check the image attached.

You can keep navigation on, as it will help users to zoom in or zoom out if they need by clicking the + or - button on map.

Thanks.

tjpepping
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Even with auto-zoom on selected disabled, a user can still use the scroll button to zoom in or out or pan around the map. Is there any way to turn this off so that the map stays static and cannot be moved from the default view?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I think it is not possible to completely disable zoom option. You can try SVG Map, which is a free extension. In that you can assign 0 value to disable zoom.

All other extensions are licensed.

tjpepping
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks!

I tried uploading custom SVG maps into the free extension, and I'm unable to do so. I can edit one of the original SVG files, such as "us.svg", and see the edit pop up (e.g., removing Hawaii), but if I make a copy of the exact same content and rename it (e.g., "us2.svg") with the folder, the SVG reader doesn't recognize the file path. Any ideas on how to get the custom SVGs to work?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I'm not sure I understood your question.

You want to edit what?

I've uploaded the updated SVG but it is for Qlikview, however you can copy the SVG files to your SVG for Sense and try it.

I've added US states with name SVG document in that (USNames2.svg). Below is the link to it...

Updated SVG Map files (US State Names)

Note: Just copy the SVG documents files to your sense extension folder (Always Make a copy of extension folder before making changes)

To create a custom svg map you'll need this path 'svgs\USName2.svg' or whatever svg document you want to replace it with.

and to disable zoom just enter

Min Zoom =0

Max Zoom =0

This will make the map a static and it will not zoom in or out even if the user scrolls on map.

Links to US and other countries SVG documents:

Category:SVG maps of the United States - Wikimedia Commons

In above link you'll also find maps for region wise (North East, Mid West, North West etc....)

https://www.amcharts.com/svg-maps/

Whenever you download an SVG document, place it in svgs path for Qlik Sense.

Thanks.

tjpepping
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, those are the steps I have been taking and I still get the same issue - no custom SVG files will work. See the screenshot indicating the file path where "USName2.svg" is located and the error in Qlik Sense Server.

SVGerror.JPG

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Why is it your SVG documents have .txt extension? SVG documents are XML files but not text documents.

Change it to IE extension.

Double click on any of those SVG files and check if it is making a MAP or just rendering some text. Though it says File Type as SVG Document but it has notepad icon. So it is confusing for me.

Ex: Right click on any svg document>open with>Browse Internet Explorer>Select IE>Always use this IE application and click save.

That might work, there is no other reason for it to not work, as I've used same path and it worked perfectly for me.

FYI if in Qlik Sense server you need to import the extension through the QMC to install it for Qlik Sense and once it is installed you can add SVG documents to it by locating extension folder on server.

Also check the Dimensions and Measures

Dimensions should be State Code>For New York, NY. SVG mostly takes 2 words as dimensions for codes.

If \ doesn't work try with />>>> 'svgs/USName2.svg'

Note: The extension link which I gave you previously is for qlikview, not qliksense. You just need to copy SVG Documents for custom svg maps.

I'm out of suggestions now, lol. You should probably get the map in your dashboard.  If it still doesn't work, you might need to experiment with different methods and different paths for custom svg map.

Try building a map on desktop version and check if the folder path is working or not.