Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Maps Terms and Conditions

What are the terms and conditions for using a standard Qlik Sense map object in a production application.  For example, as a developer I can use the Google Maps API for free until I hit a certain threshold or deploy the application to production.  I am assuming that there are limits to how many page views can be triggered in a Qlik Sense application before I have to start paying someone fees to use their mapping service.

2 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

QS is using OpenStreetMap which is a free service.

About OpenStreetMap - OpenStreetMap Wiki

More on QS background maps:

Creating a map ‒ Qlik Sense

QlikSteps - Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are multiple components to mapping:  1) the data , 2) the tile server, and 3) geolocation.  While using the data is not restricted, using the built in tile servers do normally have restrictions.

For example, Tile usage policy - OpenStreetMap Wiki

Requirements

• Heavy use (e.g. distributing an app that uses tiles from openstreetmap.org) is forbidden without prior permission from the System Administrators. See below for alternatives.

So the question remains, what are the terms and conditions for using mapping in Qlik Sense?  I suspect that this is a question that Qlik is going to have to answer.  Did Qlik enter into a special agreement for Qlik Sense users to use the tile servers without having to get their own license?