Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - Need Help with Exclude Expression

I am trying to build a visualization based on a recordID which does NOT include certain keyword topics.  I have a set of recordID's which are associated to various Topics.  The issue is I would like to display the recordID's which are NOT associated to a specific topic.  For example, display the recordID's which are NOT associated to the topic of Disclosure (see attached screenshot).  I'm able to get a count of those records, but I need to be able to select the data and export the recordID's.  So far I've only been able to get a count of the records, but not the actual recordID's. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 8.47.42 AM.png

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks like a candidate for not equal to in Set analysis.

Just did a quick search on that and this was the first hit Set Analysis - "Does not equal"

Don't worry that it is a QlikView thread as the Set Analysis functionality is identical View vs Sense.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill.  The issue here is we don't know which Topic the user selected.  For example, if they click on the Disclosure Topic in the first chart we don't know how to exclude based on the user selected topic.  Hopefully that makes sense. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In that case you may need to use P() or E().

Have a look at this Blog Post by Henric, that also references some other useful posts.

A Primer on Set Analysis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe this is what you are looking for...from the QS help on Set analysis:

sum( {1-$} Sales )Returns sales for everything excluded by the selection.