Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik Sense Reload Failure through Engine

Hi Experts,

I have upgraded a Qlik Sense server to June 2019. Now, my tasks for reloading an app doesn't work anymore. There is no error in the log, except, execution failed, right at the end of the script. When run manually it works fine. I use the same user to test both. I have recreated the task and the app, but cannot seem to get the task to successfully reload.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? 

Thanks in advance!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rathore01
Partner - Contributor III

Hi There,

I have also faced similar issue during platform upgrade, and we invested lot of time with qlk vendor on solution for this.

Before going ahead, please confirm if the app is containing section access script.

I am considering Yes (as in my case only apps having section access script got this error while loading data from scheduler)- 

After investing lot of time and effort we get to know that upgraded version split the services to different users and to run the task with section access script in app developer has to add below code in section access -

Access, User

ADMIN, INTERNAL/SA_SCHEDULER, - (Sa_Schedular is service account user)

Post this change mine issue got resolved, hope this will work for you.

I know this is a work around and not good for long run, Qik team is still investigating the cause of this.

Thanks,

Rahul R

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rathore01

Hi There,

I have also faced similar issue during platform upgrade, and we invested lot of time with qlk vendor on solution for this.

Before going ahead, please confirm if the app is containing section access script.

I am considering Yes (as in my case only apps having section access script got this error while loading data from scheduler)- 

After investing lot of time and effort we get to know that upgraded version split the services to different users and to run the task with section access script in app developer has to add below code in section access -

Access, User

ADMIN, INTERNAL/SA_SCHEDULER, - (Sa_Schedular is service account user)

Post this change mine issue got resolved, hope this will work for you.

I know this is a work around and not good for long run, Qik team is still investigating the cause of this.

Thanks,

Rahul R

wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi Rahul,

This worked, thank you so much.

Regards,

Wynand