Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinod_ramachand
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Tables

Dear Experts.

First of all it took 5 minute to findout how to post a question in this platform. and secondly why qliksesne tables are so messy  and nobody want's to use it

Example: here is a simple table, all I want is column headers at proper places. Becase nobody will understand at first galnce what columns refer to what. Please is there any way to have simple straight table like excel table?QlikSense.PNG

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Well your question was "Is it possible to have a straight table". You can't have a straight table if you use Pivot Table.

Some extensions exist which will cause a pivot table to be displayed in a manner that is more similar to a straight table (including with headers directly above the column they belong to), and some extensions exist which will cause a table to allow things like cell merging for identical dimension values, but this is not the Qlik Sense native default.

If you're interested in these extensions, you could have a look at the Vizlib library, which provides both of these functionality sets (Full disclosure: I am a Vizlib customer but I am not otherwise affiliated with Vizlib in any way). Other extensions may be out there which do the same thing.

Qlik has been making some improvements as to the overall handling of pivot tables in recent versions, so it's best to check the latest release (June 2020) to see if any functionality related to your requirement might be available in the native release.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Use a straight table, instead of the pivot table you used.

vinod_ramachand
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply.

The table i showed is "Customer Statement", where i can't have repeated field value(if i use straight table) in rows 

Regards

VR

Or
MVP
MVP

Well your question was "Is it possible to have a straight table". You can't have a straight table if you use Pivot Table.

Some extensions exist which will cause a pivot table to be displayed in a manner that is more similar to a straight table (including with headers directly above the column they belong to), and some extensions exist which will cause a table to allow things like cell merging for identical dimension values, but this is not the Qlik Sense native default.

If you're interested in these extensions, you could have a look at the Vizlib library, which provides both of these functionality sets (Full disclosure: I am a Vizlib customer but I am not otherwise affiliated with Vizlib in any way). Other extensions may be out there which do the same thing.

Qlik has been making some improvements as to the overall handling of pivot tables in recent versions, so it's best to check the latest release (June 2020) to see if any functionality related to your requirement might be available in the native release.