Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Timing Out

I would like to leverage Qlik Sense on some of out monitors around the company, as well as I have it mashed up within our SharePoint sites. However, one of the problems I have is that it times out and I don't seem to have a way to adjust the timeout feature or prevent it from happening. Any ideas on best practices for these types of applications.

QlikTimeOuts.png

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I believe you have a timeout setting in your virtual proxy settings. I would advise creating a virtual proxy for specifically for your shared screen use, and increasing the timeout threshold on this. Don't share this address with your other users.

harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

Hi Michael,

I think the best approach would be to create a mashup with a carousel showing each sheet and cycling through the sheets. 

Mashups ‒ Qlik Sense

That or you could use a browser extension like TabCarousel for Chrome: 

TabCarousel - Chrome Web Store

Harvey

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Harvey, so how would placing the visualizations into a mash up stop them from timing out. When I have Qlik Sense up natively in Chrome, if I go away from it for a few minutes when I come back it asks me to "connection lost" and "refresh". Does the carousel functionality refresh the screen everytime it scolls to a new sheet?

harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

When creating a mashup and cycling through pages via code - you're staying active in the app.  At least, that's my understanding and is how it's been explained to me. 

For example, here's a screenshot of TabCarousel when first using it:

tabcarousel.jpg

Notice how it states 'TabCarousel will flip through your tabs every 15 seconds, reloading then every 5min...'.  The reloading part is the key.  It keeps you actively logging in to the same session.  I'm not sure the exact logout time built into Sense but it's something to try.  It's either this simple method of just using the current app with sheets opened in various browser tabs or you will need to create your own web mashup that cycles through sheets via code to keep you active in the session.

Harvey