Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

Qlik Sense UserID variable for default filter

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the 'UserID' variable in Qlik Sense to apply a default filter to an app, whilst also keeping all the other variations of the filter available for selection?

i.e.

- user opens an app and the data is filtered on Field B (which is a name) to show just that users data. The filter also contains all the other users, so that a user can then select and view any other users data as well

- I do not want to use Section Access as this will filter the app for a UserID, however it will not allow the user to then select others.

I want to:

1) pick up the current user that is logged in to a Qlik Sense app

2) obtain the long username - firstname surname - that is stored in QMC

3) use this username to create a variable so that the app defaults to the data for that particular person

so that UserID (QMC firstname surname format) = 'Field B' (which is stored as firstname surname format)

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vlad_komarov
Valued Contributor III

Re: Qlik Sense UserID variable for default filter

As far as I know the current (2.2.4) QS version is not supporting a "default" selection.

The only visible suggestion is to add this variable to all Set Analysis formulas in all charts/tables.

You will need to handle "no user selection", "several users selection" cases, but it should work.

VK

1 Reply
vlad_komarov
Valued Contributor III

Re: Qlik Sense UserID variable for default filter

As far as I know the current (2.2.4) QS version is not supporting a "default" selection.

The only visible suggestion is to add this variable to all Set Analysis formulas in all charts/tables.

You will need to handle "no user selection", "several users selection" cases, but it should work.

VK