Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

undergrinder
Valued Contributor II

Re: Qlik Sense Ver 3 after install not working

Hi Miguel,

Yes, and deleted the related %localappdata% files as well.

G.

miguelbraga
Valued Contributor III

Hi there,

Did you kill the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher process in the task manager?

When done, go to windows menu / Qlik Sense / Qlik sense desktop (not the one shortcut installed during setup) or go

to C:\Users\[yourUserName]\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\QlikSenseBrowser

and right-click "Run as an administrator".

Regards,

MB

Not applicable

Hi Miguel and Jamie,

Thank-you but yes I deleted the old Qlik folder after uninstalling 2,2 (using the setup program, not the control panel), I did not find in Qlik processes running in the task manager but I restarted the PC just to be safe anyway, and I ran the program as admin from its actual location and not the shortcut icon. I also tried running repair a few times and there are no blank spaces in my account. Nothing changes, I still only get a blank screen after the splash screen.

One thing, I am using Windows 10. Could this problem be related to that?

Best regards,

Bob

Highlighted
miguelbraga
Valued Contributor III

Definitly isn't a problem of Windows 10, because I'm using myself that Operating System and running fine the new version. Can't find how to solve your problem...

Regards,

MB

Not applicable

Qlik support has released a fix which finally got me running, You must uninstall your non-performing 3.0 and then download and run the a different installer here.

Not applicable

Thanks for that. It solved my problem. I have a space in my user account name here too after a reinstall of windows.

german24
New Contributor III

- Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher is started.
- Kill the process in the task manager.

- When done, go to windows menu / Qlik Sense / Qlik sense desktop (not the one shortcut installed during setup) or go

to C:\Users\[yourUserName]\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\QlikSenseBrowser and right-click "Run as an administrator".

https://community.qlik.com/message/1086746?&_ga=1.101535044.45880853.1463079421#1086746

@Michael Laenen