Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eng19872
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense + Web Integration access issue

H

Qlik Sense Dev Hub > Single Configurator 

I created iframe for few charts and embedded them in web page.  But our users are not able view the charts because they don't have Qlik Sense License but those users belongs to same organization and network.

Please tell me how to authenticate or how to give them access so that charts can be visible them and they make selection?

Given below errors are coming,

"The content was blocked because it was not signed with a valid security certificate."

"For more information, see "About Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help."

9 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi - I don't know the details of your infrastructure, but if those users won't be able to see the charts unless they have a token. All QS charts are renders by the engine and will only be visible to authenticated users. Think of it as a Qlik Sense Enterprise application but with a different look and feel.

If you try this same approach with Qlik Sense Desktop you should be able to see the chart as there's no licence needed.

I hope this helps.

Juan

eng19872
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,
Users don't have any token / no license. I embedded charts in web pages and now user would like to see the charts by opening web page without license.

Which license they need to access the charts on web site.

Note: all the user belongs to same network and member of Active Directory.
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi - You will need a Qlik Sense Enterprise solution to do what you mention. You can also look into Qlik Sense Cloud Business as it might be cheaper. More info here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-cloud/Subsystems/CloudHub/Content/Sense_Hub/Cloud/share-visualizat...

Regards

Juan

eng19872
Creator
Creator
Author

The article is all about how to share not about the security? I am done with integration but now how to provide the access to the users?

I have Qlik Sense Enterprise
eng19872
Creator
Creator
Author

Qlik Gurus, I need your help.

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Again - As mentioned above, in an Enterprise solution, users must have a token for the chart to render. It's hard to tell you what's wrong unless you share more details. Start by giving tokens to your users, and follow the steps in the document below which explain how embed QS in q website which may be similar to what you are trying to do:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=16&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjs6o6Zjbbh...

You can also find more on Mashups here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2019/Subsystems/Mashups/Content/Sense_Mashups/ma...

eng19872
Creator
Creator
Author

Let me describe.
> I have created a Dashboard in Qlik Sense Enterprise with my license.
> I have successfully integrated / embedded the Qlik Sense charts with web pages using Qlik Sense "dev hub" iframe.
> Now, I shared the web page link to the remote users who don't have any license for Qlik Sense. They are like web users nothing else but when they are opening the page they are not able to see the charts as I embedded.

So, how to provide them access what are the steps what are the license required where I have to make changes etc?

eng19872
Creator
Creator
Author

Qlik Gurus!

If you have any resource for Qlik Sense + Web Integration, then please share.

1. What is the alternative for Qlik Sense + Web Integration?

2. And please confirm which license type I have to provide to users to access the Qlik Sense via webpage? and is it possible to apply Section Access in the shared application?

3. One important thing: What are the security parameters that I have to keep in mind? because these pages will be access by remote users.