Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense and Diverging Bar Chart (or bikini chart)

Hello,

Is it possible to create diverging bar chart, or more funny name for it, a bikini chart?

Something like the below one is, what is made with Tableau.

Title.png

If this is not possible out of the box, how can I flip the bar chart around without using - in front of the expression?

I want to display the expression value also on the bar, so the - mark isn't suitable for the job.

So in Qlik Sense we can have to bar charts like this:

kuva1.png

But I would like to see them like this (flipped with paint):

kuva2.png

Any help is always help!

Cheers,

Niko

Labels (1)
  • Chart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try a butterfly chart:

c218628.png

Or in other words. A bar chart with two expressions and stacked bars in a horizontal layout.

The measure for the negative bars is -Count(Sales) in the example. The formatting of the measure is set to number with a custom formatting pattern #,##0.00;#,##0.00 so that negative numbers are displayed without a leading '-' sign.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try a butterfly chart:

c218628.png

Or in other words. A bar chart with two expressions and stacked bars in a horizontal layout.

The measure for the negative bars is -Count(Sales) in the example. The formatting of the measure is set to number with a custom formatting pattern #,##0.00;#,##0.00 so that negative numbers are displayed without a leading '-' sign.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Well I feel stupid right now, of course you can do it with the stacked option !

Thank you very much, this was a really good help for my friday brains. Thanks!

The only question remains, do i need to put the custom formatting inside the expression itself with the num() expression?

Cheers,

Niko

Not applicable
Author

Edit.

Never mind, got that done already as well!

Thank you again! Superb!

Cheers,

Niko