Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmalenfant
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense and JIRA - User Credentials and Custom Fields

Hi community -

We want to use JIRA data from 2 separate JIRA instances in a new Qlik Sense app but we're running into a few issues that I'm sure someone smart on here has already figured out!

How should we set up the Qlik Sense server to access the JIRA users? There must be an easier way than exporting the users from JIRA and adding them to the Sense Server as someone on my team suggested.

Names for JIRA custom fields: Wondering if there is an easier way than to manually change the script, that is prone to error and not scalable as new custom fields are added?

We're trying to use 2 API calls with the Qlik Sense rest connector:

1. a call to a specific JIRA filter

2. a call to get the custom fields and names - https://ourprojectname.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/field/

But when we load the data from both calls into an app, running into issues where we have no idea how to just create a simple table with JIRA issues and columns that display the actual name for a custom field, not the ID.

Any thoughts on this? I'm guessing this is a common issue.
Thanks!!

I read this question from someone else but it sounds like most people said to manually change the script-

https://community.qlik.com/message/1036475#1036475

5 Replies
Not applicable

Possibly set the ErrorMode to 0 and validate the data while loading.

Can you please share the script or what error message you are getting ?

jmalenfant
Author

Hi,

It's not that we're getting actual errors, it's that the process to identify the IDs for the custom fields is a manual process. See screenshot below- to see the ID, you need to hover over the name and look at the bottom left corner for the ID and manually copy it and paste into the Qlik loading script

JIRA Custom ID Screenshot.png

jmalenfant
Author

in case others are having a similar issue, here's a link to the question in the Atlassian community board How do you get custom field labels from API for JI...

jmalenfant
Author

We are still struggling with how to set up user authentication without requiring Active Directory since some Qlik users will be external and not in our AD.

Wondering if anyone has experience setting-up the Qlik Sense server to allow seamless access to the Qlik Sense apps via the Atlassian Confluence wiki? There must be an easier way than manually exporting the users from our Atlassian jira/wiki instance and adding them to the Sense Server as someone suggested.

pawwy1415
Creator III
Creator III

Capture.PNG

Hi,

Did anyone manage to successfully connect QlikSense to Jira APIs.?  I enter Jira link, user ID and password, and tested the connection which work well but when I select data, then nothing appears..

Do we need to fill any other details to extract data? All other fields are blank?

Thanks.