Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense filter on drill down dimension

I have a master dimension created.  It is marked as a drill down representing customer hierarchy.

I added this dimension to a filter pane to help select the appropriate data on the sheet.

Correct user flow:  When I select one option (total of four options showing) and confirm the selection.  Then I click the filter again and I can see the child elements.  That is the expected behavior.

• Option one (I click this one)
  • Option two
  • Option three
  • Option four

Once confirmed my selection I see....

• Option one child element one
  • Option one child element two
  • Option one child element three

Issue:  When I select all four main level options and confirm the selection.  When I open back up the filter it just shows me all main level options again.  It doesn't show me all the child elements associated with the main elements.

• Option one (selected)
  • Option two (selected)
  • Option three (selected)
  • Option four (selected)

Once confirmed my selection I see....

• Option one (selected)
  • Option two (selected)
  • Option three (selected)
  • Option four (selected)

I want to see option one child element 1 - 3 and option two child element n-n, etc.

Thoughts on how to get the desired user experience?

Thanks!

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Drill down works by selecting only one value of the parent dimension. Only when only value is selected is it possible to drill down. What you want is not how Drill down is normally defined in the BI world and it's not how it is implemented in Qlik Sense. Try adding both fields to a filter pane and let the user first select in the parent dimension and then in the child dimension.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand