Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Michael, thanks for your response.

I found out what the issue was...

In my load script, I have the following line:

If( GeoMap.Latitude = 0 and GeoMap.Longitude = 0 , null(), GeoMakePoint(GeoMap.Latitude, GeoMap.Longitude)) as GeoKey

I did this because I have data without coordinates, and I want to hide this rather than show it it as [0 , 0] on the map. However, this doesn't recognise the field as a $geopoint, but as $text.

My workaround:

1. Change the load scrip to:

GeoMakePoint(GeoMap.Latitude, GeoMap.Longitude) as GeoKey

2. Set up the map visualisation using GeoKey (which is now recognised)

3. Reload the data with the original script:

If( GeoMap.Latitude = 0 and GeoMap.Longitude = 0 , null(), GeoMakePoint(GeoMap.Latitude, GeoMap.Longitude)) as GeoKey

This resolves the issue and allows me to hide null() coordinates.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Andrew - this could be a few things.

• What version of Qlik Sense are you using?
    The reason I ask, with 2.1 we added the ability to allow GeoMakePoint to work within the Master Items Dimensions. Sometimes people do this with an older version in which it does not work - it must be done in the load script.

• Are you using GeoMakePoint in the script?

• Can you view your key field using the Data Model Viewer and see if it tagged like this: $geopoint

• Can you try this sample data attached and let me know if it works for you. (orders and Customers and Categories)

Can you attach your sample data as well - there may be a formatting issue with the Lat and Long,

Let's try these things first and we can take it from there.

note sure if you saw these videos either, but they may help as well: Using the Maps Chart Object - Points Maps - Part 1 - (video)

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Michael, thanks for your response.

I found out what the issue was...

In my load script, I have the following line:

I did this because I have data without coordinates, and I want to hide this rather than show it it as [0 , 0] on the map. However, this doesn't recognise the field as a $geopoint, but as $text.

My workaround:

1. Change the load scrip to:

GeoMakePoint(GeoMap.Latitude, GeoMap.Longitude) as GeoKey

2. Set up the map visualisation using GeoKey (which is now recognised)

3. Reload the data with the original script:

This resolves the issue and allows me to hide null() coordinates.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Andrew --- great to hear, thanks for the update. Stay in touch with us and let us know how you do. we are here to help.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik