Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Qlik Sense - security rules to manage single sheets showing

Hello,

My requirement is to show only 4-5 sheets of 30 total.

Below the security rule I'm using for specific users that works fine:

Resource filter: App.Object_*,Stream_5666088f-c4de-4f2c-88aa-d5ea4b1b19a1

((user.userDirectory="AM" and resource.app.name="Sales analysis" and resource.name!="Agenti Top Performer" and resource.name!="Analisi dei sospesi e blocchi" and resource.name!="FATT vs MARG LORDO" and resource.name!="ANALISI GEOGRAFICA" and resource.name!="Relazioni" and resource.name!="Fatt vs MARG comparativo" and resource.name!="KPI AREA" and resource.name!="TEST for support" and resource.name!="TEST for support (1)" and resource.approved="true" and resource.name!="CRM"))

I'd need to add another security rule for all users belongs to userDirectory="SF" to enable them to see only the following sheets names:

- "Agenti Top Performer"

- "Analisi dei sospesi e blocchi"

I know I could use the same rule as above with all sheets names they can't see but I'd like to use the reverse logic I mean listing only the sheets they can access to like below:

Resource filter: App.Object_*

((user.userDirectory="SF" and resource.app.name="Sales analysis" and resource.name="CRM" and resource.approved="true"))

Using this security rule I noted I can't see Master Items anymore. Why ?

Also I'd like to know if is possible to use Tags within security rule in order to avoid to list all sheets name.

Could someone suggest me the quickest way to enable users to show only some sheets (with Master Items) with security rule ?

Attached all rules I disabled if can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Andrea, I didn't tested but seems it restricts access to any other object that doesn't have 'CRM' as name, so master items without this name can't be seen.

Maybe adding a condition to ignore this condition when the object is not a Sheet, like:

or resource.resourcetype!="Sheet"

Last time I tested I can't assign custom properties to app objects, would be nice to have this option available to avoid using sheet names, you can use a prefix or suffix to group them.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Hi Ruben,

Do you know if is possible to use Tags within security rule ?

This could be useful in this case because as you can see below I associated two sheets to "INTERNAL_USE" tag

name and I'd like to use it inside security rules rather than sheets names.

Image 5.png

rubenmarin

Hi Andrea, Tag is listed as available resource, have you tried to use it?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/available-resource-f...

I can't test it, but you can try to detect tags with:

resource.resourcetype="Tag"

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

I gave a try quickly but seems it doesn't works.

When I try to set value for resource type no values are available.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

I tried what below but it doesn't works.

Image 31.png

Before I have created a tag named "SF_USE" associated with a sheet of sales app.

How can I refer to this tag within security rule ?

Could someone help me to achieve it ? if this is possible of course.