Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense story PDF export missing items and size issue

I have a Story that I want to circulate to parties that cannot access our Qlik servers.

When I click 'Export to PDF' certain items go blank e.g. a table here and there, but not consistently all tables. Also, sometimes an object which did not get exported during the first try, works when I re-try to export.

Export image.PNG

At the same time, the size of the slides do not match the size of the PDF. I'm reluctant to take screen shots because of confidential data but here's what I mean. A table (which does get exported this run) may cover 90% of the total page. Say the width of the slide in Qlik's story is 20 and the height is 10. The table within is 19W x 9.5H. The PDF sheet is also 20W x 10H, but the table has now proportionally shrunk. Its dimensions are now, say, 15W x 7.5H. This means that there is extra white space at the bottom and on the right of each sheet in the PDF because the pages are not filled.

The settings I tend to use are below. However I have tried every possible combination and they don't seem to work.

export settings.PNG

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amir,

it seems the exporting mechanism is buggy. The community raised that couple of times.

Selection in Stories in Qlik Sense

Trying to understand stories and exports

In my experience I've learned:

1. Do not use vis objects other than custom (extensions you pick from community, Qlik Branch will not be seen in pdf nor pptx)

2. If exporting will cut labels&values you would need to enlarge vis objects - that helps.

Kind regards,

Chris.