Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Unable to detect the content in my Date file

Hi,

I am attaching the very basic app with just two rows of data of type Date.

Visualization are created with Dimension as Year for the date in one of the columns

While measure is count of the number of instances the date occurred in a year.

But the visualization is not working. Earlier I used the same concept to build our apps. Can you please take a look and let me know if I am missing something?? !

11 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no data in your application. The table you have loaded has just null values

To be specific you have 8263 rows with null values in both fields... so something is strange with you source data. Usually when you load from an Excel file it is not necessary to do an explicit date conversion as Qlik Sense understands Excel dates. 

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Peter Skjolden Thanks for the reply.

You might be correct, this may be the reason my Qlik sense doesnot identifies the content in my column.

But I am able to see the content in the data manager.

Do you know why my Qlik Sense is not able to identify the content??

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Qlik error 2.JPG

So this is what i see in my Data Manager.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You should try to load the data without attempting to do date conversions. How does the Excel spreadsheet look like. Do you have a sample or are you at liberty to share the real spreadsheet?

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tried doing that too but in this case Qlik doesnot auto identifies the date.

Also the visualization doesnot works.

Also, the spreadsheet works perfectly when using Qlik Desktop.

While it doesnot works in Qlik Sense cloud and Qlik Sense Enterprise.

I will try to upload the file.

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Peter Skjolden

Find my file Test PR6 attached to the original post

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Thanks Aman,

I had a look at your source data and then unlocked the "Auto-generated section" in the load script editor. Then I deleted the unnecessary second LOAD and made sure that the field names of the first load was PR6 and PR3 so they correspond to the Excel-file. After reloading everything worked fine with valid dates in Qlik Sense.

2017-01-24 16_53_07-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

2017-01-24 16_53_46-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks peter for finding out the root cause.

But I don't do anything with the data load script.

I only work with Data tables and Data manager. How could I work on Data Manager to fix this??

Because if I change the load script it wont allow me to access the Data Manager.

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Peter can you tell me which unnecessary lines have you removed because I found that my load script lines are similar to what you have in the image