Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik sense License

hi,

I was using November 2017 version until recently. Now I have upgraded to April 2018 and then to Patch1. In the release note, I read about some changes to licensing. Do I need to make any changes regarding this?

After the April 2018 upgrade, I found an error in the logs.

Description:

Command=License user access;Result=403;ResultText=Error: Access denied

Severity:
ERROR

Login access denied for SessionID: '<id>', Hostname: "<id>", OperationType: 'UsageDenied'
Access was denied for User: '<service account>', with AccessID '<id>', SessionID: '<id>', SessionCount: '5', Hostname: '<id>', OperationType: 'UsageDenied'

After installing the patch 1, I found a different entry.

Severity:
INFO

Description:
Command=License maintenance;Result=0;ResultText=Failed to contact the license server.

License maintenance unexpected exception when fecthing LEF. Type: ServiceUnavailableException. Message: Failed to contact the license server.

What does this mean?

6 Replies
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Any inputs on the licensing of April version?

thomas_evans
Partner - Contributor III

I'm facing the same issue (on April 2018) seems odd my service account is getting denied..

Might try and patch to see if that helps.

aki_martiskaine
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi @reshma_km

Did you receive any solution to this issue? We are facing the same issue with our service user in one of our environments and I'm trying to investigate this further. Any comments/help is greatly appreciated!

-Aki

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

No. I am at April Patch 1 now. Didn't check the logs recently.

aki_martiskaine
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thank you for your reply! I suppose we will also focus in updating the environment.
flanfranco

Hi, please check this support Post:

Qlik Sense April 2018 and later- Service account getting "You cannot access Qlik Sense because you have no access pass"

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000051633