cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajatar305
Contributor
Contributor

QlikAPP

My client is a very prominent brewery based and operating in Africa. They require the ability to properly analyse and investigate all business areas within their product Sales. You have been tasked as QlikView developer to build a Sales model for them to meet their needs with regards to business discovery and analysis. The company’s financial year starts in April each year. Their local currency is Schillings.

The attached QlikView Data files to be used as data sources for this model.

The overall goal of this app is for you as developer to use your accumulated experience in the field to build to best possible application for your customer.

Although not ultimately required, “bonus points” can be earned by adding basic age analysis for each Customer (and related hierarchy) by using the CustInvoices, CustPayments qvd’s.

Hints:

• Identify and use hierarchies within the data
  • Make use of comparative measures across years/periods as well as against targets
  • Find the best way to visually represent the data and highlight good/bad elements in hierarchies. (Eg hierarchy Customer Class >> Customer)
  • Eg of measures: Volume, Sales Amount

Fact QVD’s:

• Sales
  • SalesBudget
  • CustInvoices
  • CustPayment

What is the best approach here? and what steps can I take to build this App for the client?

1 Reply
Rick_T
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi there, 

First you need to analyse your date firmly. Identify hierarchies, min. and max dates within the data source etc. 

• To display the hierarchies within a dimension you can make use of a drill-down master dimension to show the appropriate calculations on the level of your choice.
  • To make comparative measures across years / periods i recommend to create a master calendar and make use of flags to identify certain periods easily. (I attached a format I use to accomplish this). 
  • I am not sure what you mean by good/bad elements in hierarchies but with measure I make use of the colour by expression within the app. Search for it on this site and you will find a lot of examples to play with. 
  • There are different kind of measures within Qlik. Determine what you want to measure and take a look on help.qlik.com to understand the measure you would like to perform on the data. Or you can check the community for questions about similar measures that where already asked in the past. 

For aging try to determine a minimum date for the datesfields in your data e.g: min(YOUR_DATE_HERE). After this you can compare them with the different periods you declared within your Master Calendar. 

Good luck!