Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense 3.2 where to set Colors for measures

Hello Community,

with the new release of QlikSense they announced the function to set colors to measures?

But I can not find this function and also no documentation to it

Where can I define the colors of measurements in charts???

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You have to select your measurement from the field list on the left side in QlikSense and than right click with your mouse on the field and create measures

2017-03-03 11_16_50-[GE16.06 from DHR] MES_TestPlan_Regelkarte(1) - Test new Colors _ Arbeitsblätter.png

Afterwards you create master measure and there you are able to select the color.

2017-03-03 11_17_22-[GE16.06 from DHR] MES_TestPlan_Regelkarte(1) - Test new Colors _ Arbeitsblätter.png

If you than using the master measure in a graph, you have to set "automatic colors" in the plot preferences and the measurement will be displayed in your predefined color.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have found it, but in my opinion it isn't the best practice!

You have to create first a master measures and than you can choose a color!

But still not understand, why don't put it directly to the color options from the graph itself.

If I now want to show the same measure on two different plot in different colors I have to create two master measures.

cocoyeah
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Tobias,

I have 2 indicators in a sigle bar chart. When I use "Milticolor", I can not choose the color what I want. It's automatical.

Do you know how we can choose the color ourself (like use "Single color")

Thanks

sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You have to select your measurement from the field list on the left side in QlikSense and than right click with your mouse on the field and create measures

2017-03-03 11_16_50-[GE16.06 from DHR] MES_TestPlan_Regelkarte(1) - Test new Colors _ Arbeitsblätter.png

Afterwards you create master measure and there you are able to select the color.

2017-03-03 11_17_22-[GE16.06 from DHR] MES_TestPlan_Regelkarte(1) - Test new Colors _ Arbeitsblätter.png

If you than using the master measure in a graph, you have to set "automatic colors" in the plot preferences and the measurement will be displayed in your predefined color.

Hope this helps

cocoyeah
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I understand now.

Thank you very much. (^_^)

I agree with you, it is better to put directly the color options in the graph itself